Revelian uses a wide variety of skills tests in areas including clerical, financial, call centre, healthcare, industrial, software, and technical categories, to assess your current knowledge or skill in a particular area. A recruiter will invite you to complete tests for skills or knowledge that are required for you to successfully perform the tasks required by the position you have applied for.
How do I complete skills tests?
Each test will provide brief instructions before you begin it. In most cases, you’ll need to answer each question before moving on to the next question. Most tests (except for timed typing tests) are un-timed, and will take on average 20-30 minutes to complete.
Can I study for a skills test?
The skills tests assess your current knowledge or skills in specific areas of expertise, so if you feel it would be useful to ‘brush up’ on your skills before completing the test, you are allowed to do so. However, please note that you may not use any reference materials or other assistance while completing the tests.
Skills tests need to be completed on a computer or laptop that has:
- A reliable internet connection
- An external mouse (not a trackpad or ‘in-built’ mouse)
- One of the following supported browsers:
- Google Chrome (Recommended) – Please use a version released within the last 6 months (most recent version recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox – Please use a version released within the last 6 months (most recent version recommended)
- Safari – Please use a version released within the last 6 months (most recent version recommended)
If you are having problems accessing your skills test after following these steps, and reviewing the troubleshooting FAQ’s below, please contact Revelian for help.
These assessments require a set amount of size on the screen and should fit on the screen without needing to scroll your mouse for the best experience. Whilst the system won’t let you proceed to the test if your screen size is less than the minimum size (1280 x 768), you may have things like toolbars that prevent the assessment from utilising all of the available screen space. To meet the minimum space required, you may need to put your computer into ‘Full Screen Mode’ as this removes things like toolbars so the assessment can access the full 1280 x 768 it needs.
If you are needing to scroll up and down the screen to view the text and text entry fields, you should try the below steps individually until the issue is resolved.
- ensuring you have the browser set to full screen mode by pressing F11 (some laptop models require you to click Fn + F11);
- changing the zoom level on your browser by holding the Ctrl button and pressing the minus (-) key (Windows) or Cmd + Option + – (Mac);
- changing the screen resolution for your monitor by right clicking on your desktop, selecting Screen Resolution and changing the resolution to at least 1280 x 768;
- closing the bookmarks toolbar by going to the Menu bar and selecting View, then Toolbars and unticking Bookmarks.
If you have tried more than one browser and /or are unable to make the required changes to your computer/browser, please try on an alternate computer such as a family member or friend’s, local council library, or an internet cafe.
If you are completing a skills test for a position you have applied for and have received the error code 28004 or error code 00003, this is usually caused by your browser’s settings.
You will need to clear the cache and cookies from your browser, and then restart your computer. For instructions on how to clear cache and cookies for your browser, click here.
Please wait 40 minutes before logging back in to your invitation.